Clients and Industries
Lauren represents clients in the health care, financial services, higher education and technology industries in connection with a broad range of civil litigation and criminal defense matters.
Practice Areas and Experience
Lauren represents entities and individuals in white collar criminal matters as well as complex civil litigation. She handles a broad range of cases including insider trading, healthcare fraud, regulatory investigations, Title IX disciplinary proceedings at colleges and universities, and contract disputes. Prior to private practice, Lauren served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable William G. Young in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Lauren joined Collora LLP in 2014 after practicing for three years in the Boston office of Ropes & Gray. Her experience includes being a Lecturer in Law for the Boston College Political Science Department, where she taught an undergraduate course on Environmental Law and Policy. Lauren also externed at the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, where she handled a variety of prosecutions in the Cambridge District Court. Additionally, Lauren was a Summer Clinical Fellow at WilmerHale Legal Services Center where she provided legal advice and litigation assistance to low-income tenants facing post-foreclosure and other evictions.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Successfully mediated settlement in favor of small-business against construction company that had engaged in fraud under the parties' contract.
- Overturned university's finding of culpability and suspension sanction under Title IX policy, thereby absolving student accused of on-campus sexual assault.
- Represented corporate healthcare client in False Claims Act investigation and persuaded government that client had engaged in no wrongful conduct.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for an industrial manufacturing client defending against a bank seeking deficiency after default on a commercial loan.
- Represented a non-profit hospital in a suit brought by a physician following an internal peer review proceeding.
- Represented financial services industry client in connection with a regulatory investigation and subsequent response.
- Negotiated a settlement for an insurance industry client in connection with construction defect litigation.
- Part of a federal trial counsel team for an international child abduction matter.
- Defended a technology company in a civil class action case alleging price fixing.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience, and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Lauren is an outdoor-enthusiast. She spends her free time hiking and biking, as well as sailing, stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking through Community Boating on the Charles River in Boston. Before becoming a lawyer, Lauren was a second grade teacher at the Greenwich Country Day School in Connecticut.