Clients and Industries
During her career, Julia has represented clients in a wide array of business and securities litigation and white collar criminal defense matters. In particular, she has represented various clients in the financial services, construction, health care, medical device, private equity and investment management industries.
Areas of Representation
As a civil litigator and white collar criminal defense attorney, Julia has represented individuals and entities in all phases of civil and criminal litigation and defense of government enforcement actions, including agency investigations, civil and criminal discovery, trial preparation, sentencing and appeals.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Julia joined Collora LLP in 2011 after practicing for three years at Ropes & Gray in Boston, MA. During her time at Ropes & Gray, Julia completed a firm-sponsored fellowship in the Family Law Unit at Greater Boston Legal Services. Prior to that, Julia was a law clerk for the Honorable Christopher F. Droney, United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. During law school, Julia interned in the Major Crimes Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Sample Matters and Results in Practice
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all counts for banking client in a mortgage fraud matter.
- Assisted in negotiation of favorable settlement after discovery in a class action suit against financial institution.
- Part of a jury trial team that successfully defended a client against claims of fraud, corporate waste and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Part of team that obtained preliminary injunctive relief for clients in on-going partnership contract disputes, preventing dissipation of assets and irreparable harm.
- Part of team that negotiated favorable settlement in dispute regarding allocation of assets pursuant to a securities purchase and sale agreement.
- Obtained downward departure for client based on his minor role in offense, over government objection.
- Represented biotech and health care employees and companies in investigations by U.S. Attorney's Office regarding potential violations of anti-kickback statute.
*This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Julia grew up in Milton, Massachusetts and loves all things New England. Prior to law school, Julia worked with disadvantaged children of all ages, and her time with teenagers in the criminal justice system inspired her to become an attorney.