Clients and Industries
Greg is a partner who represents corporations and individuals in a broad range of white collar criminal and complex civil matters, including government investigations, securities litigation and patent litigation. His experience includes working with professionals in the pharmaceutical, health care, medical device, financial services, legal, telecommunications and microchip industries.
Practice Areas and Experience
Prior to joining Collora LLP in 2014, Greg served as an Assistant United States Attorney from 2008 through 2012 for the United States Attorney’s Offices in the District of Massachusetts and the Southern District of California. In Boston, Greg was a member of the criminal Health Care Fraud Unit, where he investigated and prosecuted, among other matters, Medicare fraud, mail and wire fraud, research fraud, off-label promotion and misbranding. In San Diego, Greg was a member of the General Crimes Unit, where he investigated and prosecuted, among other matters, drug-trafficking, alien-smuggling, illegal possession and distribution of firearms, mortgage fraud and illegal re-entry.
Both before and after serving as an AUSA, Greg was in private practice for eight years at WilmerHale (f/k/a Hale & Dorr), where he handled a wide variety of government investigations, securities enforcement/litigation and patent litigation, including off-label promotion, Medicare fraud, securities fraud, insider trading, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and patent infringement/invalidity.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Prosecuted an academic for fraud concerning federal grants obtained through falsification of cancer research results.
- Prosecuted a telemarketer for misbranding and filing false tax returns related to the sale and promotion of non-FDA approved supplement purported to prevent cancer, arthritis and diabetes.
- Part of team that resolved SEC investigation into revenue recognition practices of VoIP provider and achieved dismissal of related derivative class action suits.
- Part of team that settled contract dispute between Chinese semiconductor fab and American computer manufacturer during international arbitration.
- Part of team that settled patent infringement dispute between chip manufacturer and non-practicing entity.
- Part of team that settled patent infringement dispute between competitive medical device manufacturers.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Greg grew up in Milton, Massachusetts and is the eldest son of George, a Boston police officer, and Ann Marie, a school teacher. He loves traveling, going to the gym, reading for pleasure, and escapes whenever possible to Fenway or the Outer Cape.